Sweethearts

Scott gets hair

My boys

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Thanks for your patience with me and this blog!

I originally thought that the blog would be a great way for me to journal Scott's surgery as well as update those who love and care about us. I think that my thought process was that if I was blogging everything would go well and it would be easy to blog the good stuff. Obviously that hasn't been the case. This has been one of the most difficult things I have ever done. I am working hard to keep you updated while being sensitive to Scott and his needs. He originally did NOT want me to blog because he felt it was too personal and he is ultimately shy and he also didn't want me to make him out to be a hero. (Which he most certainly is!) Because of this I have limited the blog to mostly the boring/easy stuff. I have kept my extreme emotions and opinions to myself and a few friends and family who I have talked with. My personal tendancies would be to ramble on and on about everything which wouldn't serve Scott at this point. I so recognize my weaknesses and I wish I had a degree in English so this was more interesting and easier to read. (Writing is not a strong point, I'm a talker which is obvious to anyone who knows me) Thank you to the many of you who have commented, emailed, and told me that you appreciated this blog. Without your comments, I would have stopped long ago. Ultimately there is some healing for me as I make these entries so I will continue when I feel there is something to share.
Love, Susan

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Glad your husband is on the mend. Dave & I keep you in our thoughts and prayers.

Wendy said...

Susan, I appreciate your blogging. I feel awkward calling and bugging you about Scott and his updates. But I love that I can read this and know what is happening. Thanks for the updates, keep them coming. We love you and keep you all in our prayers. God bless. xoxoxowendy