Sweethearts

Scott gets hair

My boys

Friday, October 24, 2008

Hours to days

I'm not sure how to write about what has happened in the last 10 days. On October 14th, Dr. Whisenant told us that he was looking at a dying man. He said that Scott was in liver failure and had weeks, possibly months. To say we were in shock is an understatement. I was better prepared for the news then Scott was. For the past few weeks, as I watched and cared for Scott, I knew he was declining. I had even visited a Hospice website and read 'The Dying Experience' and knew that many of the signs were present. Scott had been very discouraged in the weeks prior to our visit with Dr. Whisenant, but he didn't realize how serious things were. Since this visit, his condition has worsened greatly each day. Yesterday, I had a hospital bed brought in to help me better care for him. He was somewhat conscious and while visiting him, Scott's brother Brenn asked if he should give him a blessing. We then invited all the adult family members from both of our families to join us as Brenn gave him a blessing. It was a sweet and spiritual experience to have our family here to love Scott and share this time with him. My words come with difficulty as I express my feelings that he will only be with us for a few more hours, possibly days. Liver failure is a nasty disease. I am angry that it is stealing my sweet Scotty from me. One of the most difficult things is how it has effected his mind in the last few days. Robbing the real Scott from us before his body was ready to leave. One of the sweetest things to come from the last 2 days is that he shared with Elise and I that he was being visited by angels and included us in their ranks. He also shared with Elise that his father and brother and been with him during this time. We feel so blessed to know that during the most difficult days of our lives that Heavenly visitors have been present to make all of our days easier. I am so grateful for the Spirit that is present in our home. I know that the comforter is lifting and carrying us through this time. I am also so grateful to our wonderful family and amazing ward family who have done everything possible to lighten our heavy load at this time. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. I love each of you more that I can express. I feel your love, concern and prayers as I move through the days. Thank you for being a part of our lives.
Love,
Susan and family

6 comments:

Sunny Taylor said...

It's so good to hear your voice today Susan! I'm so proud of you and am happy to assist you in adding pictures here, ANY hour of the day, please call me! I love you both so much! Sunny & Family

Cinnamon said...

Dear Susan and family - We are sending our love, prayers and support from Arizona to you this day. Please know how much you all mean to so many and the difference you have made in our lives! We pray that God will give you strength and understanding as you walk through this valley. Love, Cindy & Bill Flowers

McKell said...

Dear Scott and Susan
My heart has been full with love and compassion as I have thought of you often during this past week. Your goodness has touched me and my family more than you know. Thank you for the light that you are, both of you. And for your deep reverence for life. Your trust in God is obvious and inspiring. Thank you. I struggle for words to express my love and appreciation. Perhaps it's enough that at least try to communicate that I love you and appreciate you very much. Tim sends his love as well.

You were in my heart as I prayed this morning that you would be comforted. When I returned from a meeting just now this video clip was in my email box. Perhaps you've seen it, but it was moving to me, and watching it brought up thoughts of you. It's a comforting, sweet message. For what it's worth I will pass it on.

Click here and turn up your volume: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snAjZ8mfoYw


Love Always,

McKell

Hansen said...

Dear Susan

Just got an e-mail today from Analee, and was shocked and saddened to hear the news of Scott's struggles . Our heart felt prayers go out to you his sweetheart and all your family.

I know this time is difficult, but also have the knowledge that as we reach for heavens love we feel surrounded by its amazing grace and comfort.

We love you,
Suzanne and Michael Hansen

Wendy said...

Dear Susan-
I don't know what words to use to tell you how I feel. You and Scott are such dear friends, you have made a huge impact on my family's life. You both have been and are in our fervent prayers. You're blog has helped me see to never take things for granted and to live and love each day to the fullest. You and Scott are great examples. God bless. Wendy Clark

Leonardo Greg Hugo said...

I do not know if you would be interested in my case.Here is Dr Itua Contact Information,drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com Or www.drituaherbalcenter.com He talks on Whatsapp too.
I was treated for Hepatitis C genotype 2 commencing on january 14, 2017. I was treated with Dr Itua Herbal Medicine which he prepared and send to me Via EMS Courier service and I received it @ Ohio Post Office .I drank for two weeks as he instructed me to and I was cured.Just in two weeks,Isn’t that joyful.yes i’m happy and my heart fills with joy.
I carry a high risk of Lymphoma relapse due to constant exposure to the hepatitis C virus.
In order for me to have the maximum chance of a cure from my Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma, Hepatitis C must be treated in a timely manner or my life hangs in jeopardy. Dr Itua made my life meaningful again.And to my friend Nicky who directed me to Dr itua herbal center i forever indebted to you my dear friend.Doctor Itua Assured me he can as well cured the following disease,HIV,COPD,DIABETES,HERPES VIRUS,HEPATITIS,